View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Todays work

Had a fairly productive day today. Re-intalled the seats and finished up the interior.

Then I took a look at Mark's suggestion about reorienting the side view mirrors to be more useful.

While that allowed for the mirrors to be more easily seen by the driver, when the frames are installed backwards it leaves a large piece of metal going towards the front of the car from the windshield. Not the best looking and a serious negative impact on wind resistance. So, I marked where the frames needed to be cut and then cut and replaced them. Much better.

While waiting for UPS to deliver the fittings for the oil cooler, I pressurized the fuel system and checked for leaks. No leaks and the pressure gauge stayed solid at 4psi.

UPS arrived later than normal, but in time for me to install the oil cooler lines. The oil flow will be from the oil pump to the remote filter and then to the oil cooler and back to the block.

Cleaned up the engine bay, installed the oil temp sensor and tomorrow will start filling the engine and oil cooler lines with oil. I plan on trying to get as much oil into the lines and oil cooler as possible to ensure that I can get oil pressure as soon as possible. I will be using the starter to run the oil pump without plugs in place to minimize strain on the starter.

Jim