View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

well the pieces of doo doo i have, have tons of issues i'm sure, tired of rebuilding them
really looking at putting FI on mine,
FI Tech has a neat dual throttle body setup that bolts on to the 2 x 4 manifold.

i don't get what you mean by the accel pump won't make fuel come out of the boosters
maybe there's a disconnect in my explanation, press on gas, accel pump squirts fuel
right, so arm pressing on diaphragm......squirts fuel......

right from holleys instructions, i'm sure all of you know much better than holley

The accelerator pump should be adjusted so that the slightest movement of the throttle lever results in actuation of the
accelerator pump. The pump override spring adjustment is checked while holding the throttle in the open position and the pump operating
lever held in a fully compressed position. The clearance
between the adjusting nut and the arm of the pump lever should be .015”.

and a note for "experts"

NOTE:
Under no circumstances should the pump override spring be adjusted to permit coil bind (or bottoming). This is
sometimes recommended by some “experts” as a means to a quicker delivery rate and increased flow. A
ll that such “adjustments” accomplish is to provide bent accelerator pump actuating levers and ruptured pump diaphragms.
Override springs are carefully sized to provide proper delivery pressure without damaging vital carburetor parts by
momentarily absorbing pump force and regulating the pressure peaks within the system

Last edited by FWB; 07-28-2017 at 08:56 PM..