Old 07-30-2017, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwaypj View Post
Thanks for the reply David.
The reason I'm running the Flex Fan is to move more air through the engine compartment. On a 90F day, it'll get up to 235 after 1/2 hr of idle. If I raise the RPM it'll drop to 220....So I don't need much to help out....once I get it on the road I would believe it'll run cooler under way.
From what I understand these Dual Front Pusher fans were added to the original Cobras to aid in cooling....so I would think they would help some...???
When you run your Dual Front Fans, does the temp drop at all?
I would be interested in what puller fan (Make, model, CFM) set up you are using.

Thanks again....I'm hoping to hear from more folks as to their experience with the dual front pusher fans....I've seen a lot of them out there!
PJ
Sounds like your cooling system only needs a little bit of help. The pusher fans may well be all you need. You can wire them with a thermo-switch, controller (adjustable or fixed) and a switch on the dash for manual over-ride, or just go with the switch on the dash. Either way, wire them with a circuit breaker instead of a fuse, a relay and wiring of sufficient capacity to handle the load.