View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA; my other toy is a scratch-build McLaren CanAm replicar, with a twin-turbo 800 HP small block Chev
Not Ranked     
Default Access to rear of dash

All,

Just re-registered after playing on this site as CanAm Man for 15 years.

I am doing some tweaking on my ERA 427, and want access to the rear of the gauge panel; my fuel gauge reading is inaccurate, and want to check wiring and resistance values. In addition the prior owner/builder was not "electron friendly" and I want do tidy things up a bit. (Yes, I'm anal about details.)

I have scanned the ERA construction manual, but have not been able to "reverse engineer" any info about dash removal in a finished car.

I have three stainless button-head screws visible (left one, above the driver's door hinge, one is the upper center of the dash above the gauges, and the third above the passenger's door hinge); I'm guessing I will have to remove these (and I hope that's all I need to do to access the back of the gauges and wiring). I'm also hampered with the heater/defroster box, and perhaps the steering wheel shaft. Also wondering if there are additional fasteners I will have to contend with........

Anyone have specifics on what must be done and in what order? Thanks....