View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 427 roadster
Not Ranked     

I purchased my B&B from a local owner. I had the same problem with my front suspension (mustang 2), it had small 7 inch springs with spacers up top with the stock stamped lower control arms. The springs were soft and I would get tire rubbing on hard dips or bumps. So I decided to upgrade my front suspension and chose single adjustable Qa1 coilovers. Part numbers: QA1-MS303-08500 and thrust bearings QA1-7888-109. The coilover kit I purchased came with 500lb springs. The thrust bearings made it simple to adjust the ride height.

It was tight getting the springs into place and it raised my front end up an inch because the Qa1 lock nut/ adjustment lock was thicker than the previous/replaced coilover lock nut. I couldn't lower the Qa1's to the desired height because lock/adjustment nuts hit the lower control arms.. I'm running 235/60 R15 cooper cobras tires up front.

Other than that the ride has been very comfortable being able to adjust the dampening and rebound. I have mine set at 10 clicks. I also upgraded the rears with single adjustable Qa1's shocks as well and have them set at 10 clicks also. You will have to play with the clicks to find your desired ride comfort. I'm running 275/60r 15 cooper cobra tires on the rear. There are a few forum discussions about spring rate for our B&B's I ended up purchasing 12 inch 250 lb springs for the rear.