View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mils View Post
I have a 427FE S/O, medium riser. I have 2 4bbl holley 4160's (450cfm each) that were recently rebuilt. I've been struggling with tuning these things.

Whats happening is after running it for a bit and getting the engine all warm, it will stall out during a hard (or even medium) stop. I have to pump the gas again to get it started and a bit of black smoke comes out.

These Holleys have a primary bowl (rear) and secondary bowl (front) on each carb. I've adjusted the primary bowls on each carb to make sure its not starving during a stop. I've never touched the secondary bowls on either and wondering if i need to set the bowl level on those also?

Any help appreciated, i'm a novice and looking for help. TIA

If your rear bowls are in fact for your primaries then you have your carburetors on backwards. To do this you would need some creative throttle linkage. However, if in fact your primaries are your back two barrels, you might want to turn your carbs around to face the correct direction before beginning any modifications and test them in the positions they were intended to be run.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.