View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison West Coast
Not Ranked     

I went back and looked and I was actually wrong as I tried it a couple times, I ended up at 25% overdrive. 10% was minimal waste of time, 20% was close, 25% was right on. Crank pulley is stock 5.25" and WP is 4". I had to machine a small relief on the back side of pulley to clear the pump drive neck. Not a big deal. 2V drive. At idle I'm spinning pump at 1266 rpm but I run a C6, if manual you can idle at 1100 and spin the pump 1450 and it will move enough water to keep it cool unless there is a restriction or a huge air pocket. I do have a catch can and and overflow from the catch can an a 12# cap. I have a small 6AN air bleed line from high pressure side to catch can so any air comes out on hot side. Bottom of catch can drains to low pressure side rad outlet with 10AN. That allows some hot water to suction hose but it is small volume. It insures I never suck air at high flow condition as it pulls slightly from catch can, vacuum pulls air from hot tank and/or from overflow and keeps everything in a nice closed loop and bleeds the air out of the rad before it is pushed to low pressure side or creates a pocket in the high pressure tank. It may sound complicated but it is really very simple. A lot easier than drilling intakes and cross-overs.