View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose930 View Post
I am running a 482 but wanted the Lemans look. I bought Holley 850 and sent it to Joe Bunetic to have the Lemans bowls added and to de-choke, de-horn and replate the finished carb after tuning it to my displacement, compression ratio and cam specs. Barry R. used the carb to dyno my engine. Looks the part but gives you all the gas you need:

Video: Survival Motorsports And 482 Cubic Inches Of FE Fury - EngineLabs
Nice. That's a mech secondary carb, right? I will say that the Lemans bowls are cool, but are a bit of a PITA. I think I will probably forgo them this time around.

I'm thinking of going with a Holley HP 850 or 950 carb. They have the classic look, but no air horn. I liked my vacuum secondaries, but they only offer mech secondaries in larger than 750 CFM unless. There is a classic series 850 that has vacuum secondaries, but also has the air horn, which I'd rather lose.

I know that Brent loves the Quickfuels, but I want the old school gold dichromate finish.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)