View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Had I thought of it, I would have had ERA weld two bungs in back when I had them build the car. That's such a simple, little thing to do when everything is apart and sitting on the shop floor. But, I didn't think of that. I thought of everything else, but not that. But I wouldn't go to the trouble of actually installing a gauge anywhere permanently, I would, instead, have a plug on the passenger side of the firewall, under the dash. Then I would just plug my dual gauge AFR meter in when I was doing diagnostics or tuning. I find that additional gauges just distract me when driving. Earlier this summer, I spent extra time getting my carburetor "just perfect" and, during the process, wondered what my vacuum readings were during normal driving, spirited driving, acceleration to open the PV, etc. Sooooo, I hooked my vacuum gauge up hanging from one of the knobs on the dash, so it was easily seen right there in front of me. Boy, what a distraction. Enlightening, but a real distraction. I think an AFR gauge will be just like that.