View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I feel for my Texan brothers.

The fuel shortage is likely do to real problems, and it is possibly a good thing. If gasoline was plentiful and cheap as normal, there would be thousands of people driving around looking at all the damage, out of normal curiosity. Even though no ill intentions, they would be getting in the way of the first responders, who need to be in the area.

It is possible that creating a fuel shortage is part of the plan to manage the situation, but I seriously doubt it. The reasons given made sense.

I ran a gas station in 1978 when the blizzard hit. I was called by the national guard and asked if I had fuel in the tanks, which I did, but I did not have power to pump it. I told them if they could transport me (all roads were closed and most impassable) and bring a 3 phase generator I would pump all the fuel I had for them. It was clear that I would not pump fuel to the public. They found another station with power and didn't need me, in the end. It is only logical that the machinery needed to restore the damage gets what fuel is available, as a first priority.

Last edited by olddog; 09-03-2017 at 08:59 AM..