View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2144 with a Roush 342R (sold June 2018, but still lurking on Club Cobra)
Neutral     

I live in south Florida and the summers tend to be brutal------hot and high humidity. I don't have a/c in my car but I've found the early morning and late afternoon are the enjoyable times to get the car out. Also, I try to stay out of traffic and avoid stoplights. No easy feat in south Florida. Investing in heat shield material may be helpful. I've found the heat isn't really unbearable until you're stuck in traffic or stoplights. The old adage----the faster you go, the cooler it gets-----certainly holds true. If you're the least bit concerned about driving in the heat, I would strongly encourage you to re-think a cobra. They tend to be rudimentary, hot, and noisy creatures that are not necessarily designed for comfort. I'd hate to see you buy a cobra and then not be comfortable driving it. However, if you're like the vast majority of us on this site, you don't give a hoot what the weather conditions are. The smile on your face is more than enough to overcome some sweat in your pants.