View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 04:23 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Then the standard "upgraded" competition suspension from ERA in a Street/Slabside or 289FIA Configuration is what you want. Personally, I would not bother with a Rousch 427 stroker motor, but a more streetable, modern day coyote motor coupled with a 5/6spd, and some decent "Hoosier radial" street tires. Suspension and brake wise the "Comp" suspension (an option worth having) and the wildwood brake option is the way to go for your "spirited" driving style on the Tail of the Dragon although, people as you describe running "The Dragon" soon find themselves either over the side, or in jail recently, so let's hope you were just describing the feel you are looking for an not your actual time on the mountain. If not, then at this point, I'll bow out, as your wannabe racer, overly aggressive style of driving on the street will get you, and possibly myself killed when you decide that leaving 1-2/10ths is no longer good enough for your "ego". If I've read into your post above all wrong, then I'll be the first to apologize, but so far, that is the vibe in which you have brought to this forum and this thread.

Bill S

PS: You want to feel the need for speed and the thrill of racing, take it to the track, as that is where the real men race their cobras, real or replica.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS