View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csense View Post
Yeah, autocross is pretty cool. I've enjoyed it from time to time. But there's a lack of 'grace' to it. It's a bit hyper. I like to set up a nice flow and rhythm and you need maybe 10 or 12 miles of a good road to do it. I also liked Maui's video. But it's a bit amusing too. You're worried about me going 8/10 on the back roads, but you guys are driving fiberglass go karts at these high speeds on a racetrack? Who's life is really at risk here? And Maui's video is really about full throttle on the straights and maybe 8/10ths in the corners. There's no serious braking or accelerating while still in the turn. The steering wheel is quite relaxed. Here's a video of a Cobra at 10/10ths and it's scary. This guy is very good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqQrpnpXj4 Give it some time until he passes all the slow guys. When he gets to the front, it gets very interesting.
I enjoy watching that video - awesome driving, and the only cars up front at the end of the qualifying lap seem to be other Cobras.
As to your question about who's really at risk - its purely assinine, self centered garbage. On the track the folks there are trained, equipped and following protocols. They also are there voluntarily, knowing what to expect from themselves and each other.

Taking it to the street, you're by yourself in your fantasy street racer world, only you're also surrounded by pedestrian drivers, soccer moms and all manner of distracted people just using the roads to get where they're going. You're pulling them into your BS and endangering them without their knowledge or consent.

A bit of discretionary spirited driving on a nice road? Sure why not. But what you're talking about and comparing it to track driving is utter unadulterated crap.

Have a nice day and be safe out there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 09-05-2017 at 07:15 AM..