View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Smile MSR- Well, was it FUN or what?

Whoah,
What A DAY it was!!!!! Dick Flesher met me at my house about 10:15 am, & we headed to Motorsport Ranch. Collin Clark called me about 8:15 from Winnsboro to check the weather, I spoke to Gary Sharapata about 8:30, & Drew called me about 8:40, then Jay called about 9:40 to tell me he was loading up Keith and Chip's car, & would be leaving in about an hour. Boy, am I glad I got the hardtop, because my cell phone was ringing almost nonstop on the drive over, and I could hear it, and even talk! Bobby called about 11:00 to tell me he was at the track waiting for us, then Drew & Gary called having made 820 with James Baldwin in tow. We got to the track, and there were Gary Morris & Matt Tice, along with Paul Goode and family and John Ross. WOW!!Then the phone rings again, and here comes Mike Miller from Houston, and then Rick Orsini pulls up, with Clay Fugate just behind. Soon, Keith Schmidt arrives, and we start the classes.
Jack Farr is really an incredible guy that loves what he does, and he ran our classroom instruction, and drove one of the pace cars. we did three rounds of lead/follow with classroom in between, which really helped us learn the correct way around the track. Then David & Mark Mckenzie showed up at 5:00- they do not "internet" and did not get the word in the last 6 months this started at 2:00. Oh, well- they drive FFR Spec racers with full roll cages and slicks we we were all outgunned anyway.We then ran one session of open track for about 20-30 minutes, with passing on the back and front straights only, and only on the left, which David Mckenzie apparently forgot once....not too cool, but no harm done.
This was a really superlative day for the 14 cars that ran, Jack Farr is one of the nicest guys I have met in a long time, we only had three spins, and no problems, and everyone drove home!!!
This was truly a fine day, and we WILL do it again, we just have to figure out when.
I learned a LOT about the correct way to drive my car, and I don't think that was any different for anyone that drove. The only problem I had was I was so jacked up I sc----- up my pictures, so it will be up to the other members to take up my slack!
Guys, this WAS the deal of the year, unless we do it again.
Thanks to all of you that supported this/me, because you are the ones that actually made it possible. We have some QUICK cars in our Club!!
Oh, yeah, Jack Farr has a FFR, and he joined our Club! How about them apples?
John Russell
with the grin still on my face!!!

Last edited by jrussell; 06-03-2002 at 04:41 AM..