View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 396 Windsor Stroker (Formerly: Unique 427 powered by a 351W with mysterious innards)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB View Post
It's an EARLY Kirkam with a 289, leaf springs, 4 speed, etc. As original as it can be. Bob took like 20 years to build. So long he had trouble getting parts from Dave Kirkam since they didn't make them anymore.
AZ Bob
I think it's a 347. Karl might remember. He and I went and looked at it with Bob a few months back. As sweet sounding a small block as you've ever heard!

It has an aluminum block. The suspension work is very nicely done from Kirkham - all neatly machined. Bob couldn't find motor mounts that he liked so he had custom solid mounts made up. The exhausts were custom made, stainless if I remember right. Aluminum case for the trans? I think so. Lots of expensive lightweight pieces.

Much of the work was done at Performance Motorsports. (480) 464-4748. 944 N Country Club Dr Mesa, AZ 85201-4108

I have three unremarkable photos from the visit that Karl and I made. (Karl in front of the car, a top view of the engine, and a poor photo of the Kirkham number plate.) If the buyer will PM me an email address, I'll send them. I can also send Karl, but he's unremarkable too, and he eats...

Ron

Last edited by nniets; 09-08-2017 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Added additional info