View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cobra's are hot-rods...they were back in the 60's and still are today (especially the kit-cars out-there). Anyone who has spent a considerable time on the track will understand that there is a UNIVERSE of difference between a competent, reliable track car and that of a "hot-rod". There was a time when I thought the multiple Cobra's I owned would have been more of a true performance car - that was before I knew anything - now I do.

I have also seen first hand what it takes to make a Cobra effective on the track...it means you make it generally un-Cobra-like. Not a knock in the least but so many changes have to be made that it changes the essence of the original concept. For those who attempt to drive their "hot-rod" in anger, whether on the street (highly ill-advised) or track, please be very careful.

I currently own arguably the most powerful Cobra on the planet and it has an ugly 12-point cage (but oh so necessary). A cobra that was actually meant to go-fast, properly, must also have massive modifications to keep the pilot alive in a mishap. They are not safe in typical dress...its all for show. Function takes the lead step in a real performance car - even in a Cobra...

Tony

Last edited by Cracker; 09-11-2017 at 03:11 PM..