Old 09-10-2017, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Civil Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
I'm somewhat surprised they'd take the view this is a civil matter. It seems to me this looks like fraud - and that's a Criminal Code matter.

Ref: Criminal Code
Any time two entities enter a business agreement, if one of the parties does not hold it's end of the bargain, the dispute becomes a civil matter for law enforcement cannot take sides. Law enforcement cannot ascertain which party agreed on what and what claims one party may have against the other. Therefor, it becomes a court matter in which a Judge will look at the evidence provided by both parties and decide. To the joy or disappointment of either party.

I hope this helps clarify why we should not rush to assume Law enforcement has jurisdiction.

EXAMPLE: "Police officers can only handle crimes where one party intentionally deprives or defrauds the other party." Police officers can't determine if one of the parties intentionally change the terms of the agreement or has financial claims to offset not being able to fulfill a business agreement. That's where a judge comes in