View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

For some reason the link to the second video does not work, but it is in youtube. I am going to try the link again, if it does not work go to youtube and search Watkins Glen Vintage Grand Prix Video 2.

Vintage racing is a little less intense as some other forms of racing. The winner gets nothing and we if there is a after car overtaking us we will point them through. Made a friend of Andre Ahrle pointing him through and allowing him to keep pace for a 4th place finish with the 427 Comp Cobra. He asked if I was going to be at COTA in November for the SVRA championship. I said that it was probably not likely unless I found someone with an enclosed trailer to bring the car down and a crew, as there is a high likelihood of snow in upstate NY in November and I have an open trailer.

https://youtu.be/YXqdQS-3Bsl

I want to thank Rick Muck, Dennis Olthoff and Roy Mason for al there support and advice at the track. There were times that I was driver and crew and it helped having some support and guidance in making adjustments and repairs. A special thanks to Ross Henry for designing such a wonderful car. Everybody that looked at the car, including fellow racers commented on what a beautiful car it is. One last special thanks to Morris for his insight and guidance. It takes a team to make a success. I cannot wait to get the car on the track again and to get more proficient with it. It does handle nice and I will get faster with time and familiarity.

Morris, I was able to get a friend to get one set of tire temps coming off the track. Temps are listed as the tires sit on the car facing forward.

LF: 100, 101, 109
RF: 105, 96, 93
LR: 122, 123, 124
RR: 105, 109, 107

What do you think?

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 09-11-2017 at 06:12 AM..