Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
With 820 hp; very wide wheels, and large brakes...doesn't this seem to qualify for my "outlier" classification for a Cobra? A custom suspension of your own design (check!); modified braking front and rear (check!); a race-motor (check!) - well, you get the point. It appears to work very nicely...nice driving!

Not that my 914 stands any kind of chance against such an animal (well reptile actually) - I enjoy a friendly challenge. Come on down to Roebling Road in Savannah (Road Atlanta or Barber for that matter if you would prefer) - first week in December. Whoever has the fastest five-consecutive laps pays the others registration fees. I haven't a fraction of your power, braking, or tire (heck I only run 7 & 9's). It appears to be a no lose challenge for you #3170...are you game?

Thanks for responding (really) it looks like quite the car.

Tony
What a great idea make a 5000 mile round trip to run against a track car on slicks with a street legal autox car!
I have two alternates for you
1. Put 200 TW street tires on your 914 and meet half way across country at and autox to see how they stack up.
2. I will be taking delivery of a more suitable track car next year and would be glad to compare it to your 914 at Circuit of the America's in Texas (about half way).

The Cobra is irreplaceable so it will not see another track day in my life time (maybe the next owner).
914's can be great track cars because they have a low polar moment and Porsche engines are very good. I raced a guy at Grattan Raceway in Michigan many years ago with my home made autox car at a Porsche club event. He had a twin plug 3.2 engine and was quite fast. I had a 4cy BDA in the autox car and lapped him. The Porsche people were all quite shocked because he was their fastest guy.

I have tested at Roebling road and there are a number of places that could cause significant damage with an off.

How about bringing out "Worlds Most Powerful Cobra"?