Old 09-12-2017, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Race Car under Cobra body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
How much racing have you done? All racing classes are rule-goverened...otherwise, Frankenstein cars with 800+ hp, big tires and brakes are brought - but not in this case due to safety and value. Build a Cobra within reasonable parameters and see which platform is best. Original suspension run originally to cars required - mine has torsion bars - nothing wrong with them - 1970's technology still works.

A race car with a Cobra body on top is not a Cobra...sigh.

T
I think that it is ironic that you are calling cars with suspension and engine modifications not a Cobra. Your 914-6 has major body modifications, rear wing and a front splitter that are far beyond 1970's technology. I am betting that is not an original 2.7 L engine either. My Cobra has the exact shape that it was delivered with and with the exception of wheels is identical in appearance to it's 1965 delivery appearance. My Porsche is also in as delivered condition no extra aero or flares there either. Since you don't consider aerodynamic modifications as effecting early technology perhaps we should bring Morris's Cobra into the mix. Do you think you could match his lap times around Road America?

Last edited by Cobra #3170; 09-12-2017 at 08:53 AM..