View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #259
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
For some reason the link to the second video does not work, but it is in youtube. I am going to try the link again, if it does not work go to youtube and search Watkins Glen Vintage Grand Prix Video 2.

Vintage racing is a little less intense as some other forms of racing. The winner gets nothing and we if there is a after car overtaking us we will point them through. Made a friend of Andre Ahrle pointing him through and allowing him to keep pace for a 4th place finish with the 427 Comp Cobra. He asked if I was going to be at COTA in November for the SVRA championship. I said that it was probably not likely unless I found someone with an enclosed trailer to bring the car down and a crew, as there is a high likelihood of snow in upstate NY in November and I have an open trailer.

https://youtu.be/YXqdQS-3Bsl
Morris, I was able to get a friend to get one set of tire temps coming off the track. Temps are listed as the tires sit on the car facing forward.

LF: 100, 101, 109
RF: 105, 96, 93
LR: 122, 123, 124
RR: 105, 109, 107

What do you think?

Jim

LF. RF
100/101/109. 105/96/93

LR. RR
122/123/124. 105/109/107

When you look at these temps.....

1. Tires are not worked hard enough or old tires....temps need to be around 200*degrees

2. RR spring needs to be raised 2 turns or LF needs to be raised 1 turn and RR needs to raise 1 turn

3. Stiffen front sway bar one hole.

4. Pressure needs to come in hot at 30# lbs....on each tire.

5. Probably a right hand turn track.......more rights then lefts....when you run on a right hand turn track....you read LF 1st....then LR then RR then RF....

What was engine temps- water and oil........trans temp ...diff temp.....how much fuel was in car.....

Just some thoughts.......hope it helps....

Morris