View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimbeau View Post
I currently have the master cylinder configured with the front brakes connected to the port closest to the end and the back brakes connected to the port closest to the pedal.
They s/b the other way around. Not intuitive, but port on MC closest to pedal goes to front brakes. Forward port goes to rear brakes. Ignore the drum brake reference in the illustration, the port assignment is the same for rear discs.

EDIT: That's how mine is set up, but further reading indicates different MCs may be set up differently. The simple guidance is the larger chamber / reservoir s/b plumbed to the front brakes. If they're the same size it doesn't matter. Most diagrams show the brakes connected like mine - the reverse of yours. END EDIT

Also, the GM brakes have a special caliper adjusting procedure - did you follow that exactly?

From the installation manual:
After the cables are installed, you need to adjust the system. Engage and release the emergency brake lever several times to activate the self-adjustment mechanism built into the calipers. You’ll know you’ve got it when emergency brake is fully engaged and the rear wheels will no longer turn by hand. If your rear caliper pistons do not ratchet out by use of the e-brake arm on the caliper follow this procedure to get the piston to extend the brake pads to the rotor surface. Remove the spring and the e-brake arm from the caliper. Turn the threaded bolt extending from the body of the caliper by hand or with the aid of a wrench. Continue to turn the bolt until the brake pads come in contact with the rotor. After the desired adjustment is achieved reattach the e-brake arm and the spring onto the caliper. Continue with the bleeding procedure.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 09-20-2017 at 04:56 PM..