Old 09-22-2017, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM-0785 View Post
Cycleguy55,
Question on the speed bleeders. I had bought multiple bleeder sets for my rear Girlings. Non check valve version for use in reverse bleeding/flushing if/when needed and check valve speed bleeders left in afterward for regular maintenance.

On my new front Wilwoods I didn't install bleeders there (yet, wanted to) with concerns of others on the web having issues damaging the threads/seal with speed bleeders on their Wilwoods.

I don't believe Wilwood sells them (maybe?), but do you have a brand you like or any specific advice/cautions in that regard? Maybe the others were just not careful to really ensure the right bleeder dimensions (easy to figure)?

Those like myself, and perhaps the OP, could benefit from any thoughts there. Thanks, Brent
The thread size is 1/4" x 28 TPI. I know Wilwood shows bleeders as 1/8"NPT, but that's a bushing with an internal size of 1/4" x 28 TPI. You'll need a pair for each front caliper - installed as replacements for the upper bleed screws. You can leave the lower bleed screws in place.

If memory serves me correctly, my speed bleeders are Russell. I had no problem stripping or damaging the threads in the calipers, but I was careful to ensure the threads were engaged properly before putting a wrench on them.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 09-22-2017 at 05:01 PM..