View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Motorhead,

Cobra Registry was infected sometime between 7 PM Pacific Time Last Sunday night and 3 AM Monday morning when I went to log in. I have sent the virus and malware definitions to the owner and he has his IT techs working on it. I fear it is going to be sometime before they find that stuff as it took me almost 7 hours to find the virus names that my security was blocking. Just being the Administrator I can't do anything more and some people, depending on what browser and what they use to access the site don't get any warnings. I have had the moderator post and tell members who spend time on the site to check their computers to be sure that they didn't get anything in them but from my research it seems that what is in there only rides on a download. This is the initial message that my security gives me when it blocks me from the site.

URL:Mal virus is a generic detection for malicious URL or web page. The detection of URL:Mal covers web site that is infected with virus, Trojan, and other types of malware. The same will also pop-up if a harmful Java Script file is spotted on the web site

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery