View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locohead1 View Post
I'm considering changing both front and rear shocks and springs. I have Aldan America on now but I think they're shot. If you have purchased a full set of coilovers that you were pleased with, please supply me with all the specific information of what you purchased (i.e. manufacturer, model number, spring details, etc.). Really appreciate it. THANKS
Vehicles (including Cobras) are going to be different, as will owner / driver preferences, so the appropriate model number and spring details will vary. Using someone else's specs is liking asking them to pick out your bride. Just my 2¢.

I haven't purchased coilovers as my QA1 coilovers (front only) came with the car. I did replace the rear shocks with QA1 single-adjustable shocks and relied upon QA1's excellent tech support for assistance in selecting the appropriate part number.

I'd recommend contacting QA1 tech support and seeking their advice. You may want to check out some of the information on their site before giving them a call. You'll have to decide whether you want single or double adjustable, what kind of mounting you want / need (mine were Nylon spherical bearings but when they pounded out I replaced them with steel on steel spherical bearings). You'll need vehicle weight (front and rear), the angle your coilovers are mounted at, some mounting point measurements and the shock length eye-to-eye. More information here: https://www.qa1.net/technical-suppor...ring-rate-tech