View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Race video with VRG at the Glen

Hee is some race video of the VRG race at the Glen. Was actually having a nice race and was with a group of cars that were running in the 2:16-2:19 range, which would have helped me make my goal of breaking the 2:20 mark. Those time put you in the low end of the fast group. Have to wait until next year though. In the second lap coming into the bus stop you may notice a slightly audible clunk noise and se a slight shift in the rear of the car going into the turn. If you missed that you will certainly see my right hand fly up in disgust and you may notice my helmet bobbing as I yell, "What the @@@@!" A 240Z had neglected to brake early enough and he hit me from behind. Luckily it turned out for me that there was no damage to my car. There were two dents in the front of his car where me made contact with the rear quick jacks. How the nose of his trunk did not make contact, I do not know. It might have fit just under the rear of the car.

He gave me a wave as he went past. I was a little frustrated at first, knowing that I had to pull in to the black flag station because at the driver's meeting the VRG Steward was explicit that if you go 4 wheels off, or are the recipient of or make contact with another car you need to come in immediately and talk to an official before going back out. They then have a discussion with you after the race as well. After my initial frustration with having to go in and lose a lap, you will notice that I drive a little faster and catch the group before having to come off.

When I got back on the track you will see the shifting problems start. It was with 3rd gear and sometimes it would engage and sometimes not. That will be this winters project. It was not grinding, just would not go in, while the other gears would. Any suggestions would be nice. Close ratio top loader with a Hurst competition plus shifter. i have the nylon bushings and will be upgrading to the steel bushings. My plan is to take the interior apart, remove the tunnel and the top core on the transmission and see what is happening when I try to shift.

video link:

https://youtu.be_SdmQE208ng

If the link does not work just search Youtube for VRG Watkins Glen 2017 and you will find the video. The link does not work on m computer and I noticed that when I click on the link Safari turns the capital letters to lowercase letters and that is probably the problem. I am going to look at the second half of the race and see if it is worth posting; a lot of missed shifts and having to go from 2nd to fourth that made for a frustrating time. I did not get a video of the race that I passed the Ferrari, I just had to do it, as the camera was not working.

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 10-09-2017 at 12:07 PM..