Old 10-13-2017, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksy40 View Post
Hi All
It's been a while since I've been on the forum as I sold my Cobra and didn't want to torture myself by staying in touch. As fate would have it, bought my old car back after 6 years and now have the challenge of bringing it back to the way she left here.
There are several things I want to change and one of those is the reversing light. The car has a modern slant rather than traditional and the light I have (sorry the forum won't upload a photo) is fairly old fashioned and is positioned below the back of the car level with the fuel tank.
I'm looking for suggestions on what others have used and where I could source them from. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few Cobras with an oval shaped light that could be fixed externally where my current one is but I'm stuffed if I can find anything searching google. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Dean
I had a pair of small chrome driving lights (like these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Optronics...t-Kit/16680058 ) that took MR16 halogen lamps. I pulled the MR16 halogens and installed a LED / reflector assembly from a cheap flashlight in each unit. These weren't designed to be powered by 12 volts, so I took a standard USB charger that plugs into an accessory outlet, pulled it out of its case and soldered leads to it. 12 volts in, 5 volts out. I installed the modded charger inside a pill bottle, sealed it up and tucked it away.

These have worked like a charm, but reasonably priced LED MR16 bulbs are now available so I'd go that route if I had to do it over again.