View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     
Default My New Cobra's Heart Beat, And Mine

I've desided to start a new thread about my engine, FE vs a 385 series, as many things has changed.

After 9 years,....I finally have a new heart beat for my Cobra and me. (kind of) lol
For him, a new 428 FE and me, three stent's and a pig's valve, after a heart attack. My spirit has also come back after loosing 10k when my engine builder stole my Genesis side oiler, new hard drive cam corder, tripod and bag.

On to the great news.

My wife said that in two years, after we pay the bill off from my Med Jet Flight to the Mayo Clinic, we can take out a 10k loan, and I was stoked ! I spoke with my best friend Chad (own's a mechanic and performance shop) about loaning me money to buy a kick ass 8 stack injection system. It was $3,400, the next day, he text me saying, come get the money.
I was very excited, when he handed me the money bag, and gave him a huge hug and kiss on his forehead. He told me to count the money, but could tell it was more than &3,400.

After dropping to my knees in shock, when it came to $15,000, tears came out. I still,.....can't believe he has loaned me the money for two years. Chad is one of those people that everyone likes & loves. We've known each otherfor 20 years and we're more than friends, we have been brothers for 19 of those years.

So, here's what I've bought, need and the plan.

With the budget I could not afford my dream engine, a BBM aluminum 427 side oiler block, their heads and intake but, even a 390FE, 428FE or old school side oiler would have been tough to build with that cost, plus a transmission and all the smaller part cost which always adds up to quite a bit of money.

After a lot,....of rearching I came across a newly built 428FE by Larry Dove !

It also has a lot of parts that he's made, except it's not his block. I know some people here may not like him or his parts, but I do so please don't start bad mouthing him and I.

Here's his ad and partial list of parts.
428 Ford F.E. + .030 Internally balanced

Speed Pro forged Pistons

Sealed Power File Fit Moly Rings

Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods

Melling High Pressure/High Volume Oil Pump

Dove Heavy Duty Oil Pump Drive

Dove C.J. Aluminum Heads

Stainless Steel Valves

Heavy Duty Retainers & Locks

Dove Rocker Arm Assembly w/ Heavy Duty Shafts

Dove Tunnel Wedge Intake

Cobra Mustang Low Profile Oil Pan

Dove Aluminum Water Pump

$6,500 bank check or money order.

Lawrence A. Dove

Dove Manufacturing, Inc.

Dove Tool, Inc.

Dove Bookkeeping Service, Inc.
-------------------------------------------------

With the injection setup, it's rated for up to 600 HP. The owner had it on his 445ci FE in his truck. He desided to restore it back to factory, so it would have to go. My hope for a new engine was 600 HP, but if it only reaches 500, with my dream of this 8 stacked, all polished,
and includes everything except for the fuel filter and lines, THAT'S FINE ! lol

I will paint over the black on the TB's with my Cobra's blue body paint.

I'm stoked guys ! Been 9 long,.....years.
Kevin

(having problems posting pics, very slow to load) ?