View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

Okay team -

I have connected with Kimberly Raibourne and Linda Mullins at Sunshine Acres Children’s Home in Mesa. They are very excited to have our support and looking forward to the Arizona Cobras bringing their cars out to show the children on Saturday 13-January 2018.

Here are the specifics.

Event Date: 13-January, 2018 at 3:00 PM

Donation List: Sunshine Acres has asked us for the following – these are items they will be especially short on after the holidays:

1) Toiletry Items including the following
- Hand lotion
- Chap stick
- Liquid body wash
- Shaving products (they have older teens as well as younger children)
- Acne medications

2) Gift Cards: See the note below from the Sunshine Acres team:

- “Sunshine Acres uses fast food gift certificates/cards primarily for when a child has a doctor appointment, and it takes longer than planned to be seen. Sometime it takes 2-3 hours to get in after you arrive at the doctor’s office, and then another 40 minutes for the doctor to actually come in and do the examination. In cases like that, often the child has missed lunch at school and lunch at Sunshine Acres. If we can stop by McDonalds or another fast food restaurant and pick them up a quick lunch on the way back to school, it is a tremendous help. We are very, very low on these vital certificates. Here are the top “wish” stores on our list:

o McDonalds
o Churches Chicken
o Taco Bell
o Wendy’s
o Dairy Queen
o Subway
o Cold Stone Creamery
o Schlotzkys
o Burger King
o Sonic
o Arby’s
o Jack-in-the-Box
o ALL PIZZA PROVIDERS

3) Store Certificates - Such as, but not limited to

- Any Drug Store (such as Osco, Walgreen’s, CVS)
- Wal-Mart
- Target
- Foot Locker
- Big 5
- Kmart
- Toys-R-Us
- KB Toys
- Sports Authority
- Michael’s Craft Store

Movie Money/Passes:
- Harkins / AMC Theatres
- Show / Event Tickets

My recommendation is that everyone contribute what they can, preferably in line with what the wagon’s cost, and if we can get a good turnout (15+) it will make a big impact on these kids.

Mike