View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Ok, I'm very excited. I picked up the engine at Fastenal. They were great and only cost $205 bucks !

With others I got quote's from for 500lbs, they ranged from $300 to $500.

I also received my new Tremec TKO 600. Chad my friend that own's the mechanic shop and performance side with not one, but two chassis dyno's is really helping me out. I love him like a brother, if not more. He helps me out a lot and understands my health issue's. Chad will be helping with the build.

I've felt pretty well the last few days, so I've been very busy cleaning out the garage after 10 years of crap around the Cobra, so I rolled her into the street and started shoveling out and moving everything out onto the driveway and yard. It's amazing how much crap
accumlated ! There was so much dust etc that I fired up my gas yard blower vac, and blew it all outside. It was funny how much was clowding the neighbors ! lol....

It got to 60 degrees today, with the cold setting in for winter so I took advantage by washing the car with dust and grime after 10 years in my garage. After raising it in the air with my MaxJax car lift, the tires were down to 20lbs, but there's not dry cracking or flat spots. Great news !

Now onto the rebuilding.

I backed my truck into the garage to unload the Dove engine using the chain hoist that I mounted on the ceiling joist's back in 2000. Works great. I found 3 bolts to mount the engine on the motor stand, but after searching the garage I could not find just 1 more, so had to drive 20 miles into town to buy one,..... $1.25 frickin bolt !

Once I removed the Saran type rap, I was shocked that Mr. Dove and crew did not,....cover the exhaust ports, with anything ! I realize that the wrap went all the way around the engine, but still ? (I hope they forgot,... rather than didn't care)

So, should I be concerend enough to take the motor apart ?

Last edited by FUNFER2; 10-29-2017 at 07:31 PM..