View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 445 Stroker valve train noise?

I am new to this site. I am building a FFR MarkIII.
445 stroker motor sounds like a sewing machine at idle and louder with more RPM. Is this normal? Is it noise from the bar joining the lifter pairs (Roller/ Hydraulic)?

Facts: Eldelbrock heads, 130lb closed seat pressure on valve springs, T&D rockers, preload on lifters 3/4 turn in from zero lash, 10-40 oil, great oil pressure.

The cam is Comp Cam Thumper K33-601-9 range 2,200-5,900, 107 degree lobe separation, duration at .050 235/249, lift .567/.551 (with stock rocker arms)

Motor has less than 20 min. total driving time in go cart seating the rings. It drives and has ton of power.

I was going to recheck the lifter preload? I am also suspect the noise might be coming from the T&D rockers.

The T&D valve train is oiled by the pushrods AND through the T&D rocker pedestal with a .060 restricter in the head oil passage to the rockers.

Anyone run this set up? Would putting more oil to the rockers through the pedestal and less/none up the pushrods help to pump up the lifters and quiet the rocker arms?

Last edited by Maine Cobra; 11-07-2017 at 08:13 AM..