View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA with a 347 cu in engine
Not Ranked     

Here is the best pic I have that shows the clearance issue with the drivers side valve cover. Nick Acton was able to cut off and change the angle of the tube slightly. The cover is being re powder coated and will hopefully be back to me around Thanksgiving.
In the meantime a good friend of mine lent me a set of original 289 valve covers off of one of his many Shelby mustangs so I could get the car up and running. Unfortunately after many hours of troubleshooting electrical issues with the ignition, it would appear that the ready to run distributor I received from MSD was anything but ready to run. Apparently the circuit board is non functioning so it was unable to send a signal to the coil to fire. I started to do some research and this is apparently a common problem. Thankfully Summit is willing to refund my money, and I have decided to go with one of the Pertronix stock look distributor which should clear my Weber carbs.
This of course means more days to wait. At least the weather has been crappy so I don't feel too bad about the Cobra being down.

Best Regards,
Byron