View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve meltzer View Post
OK, got the tranny stabbed and car on the road...excellent on the road, but scary, terrible at low/idle speeds....stuttered, stammered, sputtered and died at the lights. Home and tucked away until I can fix the intake oil leak and I think the sh***ty running is due to a carb issue, ?? stuck float but I think it's too rich. How do you diagnose a leaky/bad PV? thanx steve
The classic method for checking for a leaky/blown power valve on your 3310 is to get the engine up to normal operating temperature and then you turn the two idle mixture screws all the way in. The engine should die when you do this. If it doesn't, then there's a problem because it means the engine is getting fuel from somewhere else other than the idle circuit. How about this -- When the engine is idling, and the air cleaner is off, do you still see the "white tornado" thingy? Or for that matter, do you see any fuel coming out of the boosters, either primary or secondary, when just idling or when you turn the car off?