View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up 2018 NWCC Glacier National Park Trip

So I am getting an early jump on the 2018 summer Cobra trip. This will be a unique trip and unlike any of the others we have done. For starters, I will be limiting the trip to 10 cars. That is new and I think will work out for the best for this particular trip. We will base out of Whitefish and do 3 separate day trips. So here are the details:

Day 1- Depart from the Auburn Wa. (Supermall) Monday July 30th and drive all the way Whitefish Montana (I know that is a long day)

Day 2- Custom route by Fred Hamilton (details to come)

Day 3- Custom route by Fred Hamilton (Glacier National Park)

Day 4-Custom route by Fred Hamilton (Big Fork and tour around Flathead Lake)

Day 5- Aug. 3rd Depart Whitefish and head home.

A few notes- Because this trip has two very long legs to get there and then return home I would strongly suggest trailering your Cobras. I know that may not set well with some, but it is a 10 hourish drive and then followed up by 3 full days in the car and then another 10 hours home. That said, if you are open to it, go for it. I think it will be much more fun being fresh and not beaten up so we can enjoy 3 days touring some of the best 2 lane roads in Montana with amazing scenery. We will have plenty of trailer parking at Big Mountain Lodge. So if you don't have a trailer, try and borrow one.
This is a trip I have wanted to do for the past few years and it finally has come together with the help of Fred Hamilton. Please book rooms early for best selection. I have set up a Northwest Club Cobra block with the Big Mountain Lodge so please call and make reservations for yourself. More details as we get closer. Group reservations will drop after the end of April.

Big Mountain Lodge- 406-862-4020 ($138 a night) breakfast included