View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95CobraR View Post
I'd say the car is not designed to go 250 Mph. It would flip after becoming airborne. BTW, a Bugatti can actually perform well on a road race track.
What on earth qualifies you to make that determination? Just because you want something to be true does not make it so. Granted it isn't tested yet but based on the performance of the Model S, at least the acceleration figures are entirely plausible.

BTW the point was in response to the comment on the Tesla's cost. The Bugatti Chiron costs $4 million - sixteen (16!) times the price of the Tesla, so it better damn well be able to perform well on the track!

Has Tesla had production delays? Absolutely - but building cars is difficult. Especially so for cars using alternative propulsion, performing well beyond conventional standards and built by a relatively new company. Imagine what electric car performance will be like in the next 10 years.

Back to the opposed piston diesel which is what perked my interest initially - I wonder if the better power to weight ratio will make them viable in the marine industry. Not sure if they come with inherent size/shape/configuration issues, but the prospect of a lighter, more powerful diesel powerplant is always an exciting to the sportfish/large express cruiser crowd.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...