View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 427 FE
Not Ranked     

I did want to comment on those who said these aluminum blocks need a lot of work (cost/time) to get them right and that is one of the reasons they did not like doing them.
I see their point. The Pond block did require a lot of attention and multiple check for fit steps. This equates to time and that means money.
So for those who think it is just bolting on new parts, that is not how it goes.

I am thankful my machinist took the time and attention to detail. I could not imagine building such a thing with out, pressure testing, heat cycling, test fitting, dyno runs and other checks that are to numerous to mention. All I can say, is the block took a lot of machining.

I feel good with my decision, I did not pick aluminum block for bling or bragging rights, I did it because I did wanted all new components. Thanks to this forum and heading warnings of those who have gone before gave me things to watch for, I know it wasn't just thrown together.

It is awaiting install into the car and only putting on miles to see if all is well.