View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Ok, back to the Cobra.

Did you buy into my MaxJax "Group Buy" several years ago, or on your own ?
I love mine as well, but if I could (wife would kill me) I'd sell it and get a full size lift because I don't use it for our car and truck, just the Cobra.

I would cut axcess holes in the ceiling for the two lifts post's, as they would only need about 2"-3" and maybe a 3" wide x 12" long slice in the ceiling to clear the roll bar. It may not require it though. That way I could stand erect rather than bent over or sitting on my stool.

Even though the Cobra is light enough, I would think about cutting holes in the floor and dig some earth out for a 6" thick concrete footing. I leave the MaxJax set up all the time anyway, so a permanent larger lift is fine.

For selling 7 lifts, Danmar gave me mine free, only paying shipping, a telescoping oil change container and a pair of forks that attach to one set of arms for atv's, lawnmorer, etc.

I have my Cobra low enough in stance that I need to push or drive onto small ramps to get the arms under the car. lol

How do you use yours ?
Do you leave it up or store it ?

It's great news that if I use my ceiling chain hoist and leveler that I can install the engine and tranny bolted together. In my younger days I could lift up and install the tranny by myself, but not,....anymore !