View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howland View Post
Well I don't have anything you have asked a about. So I'm going to tell you anyway. Corvette a arms, spindles, brakes. 15" Vintage pin wheels. Micky Thompson sport? tires. I like everything, no complaints. Thanks for the post. I felt like everyone was on vacation.
Tom, Are you using 12" wide rims in back with and 10" wide in front with 4 1/2" Back spacing as Butler specified? What is the MT part number on your tires?

I looked at the Micky Thompson Sportsman S/R tires today on the Summit Racing website.

Front: MTT-6654 will fit my original Butler supplied 10" wide Centerline rims. MT Tire is 26" to 26.99" in diameter with a section width of 12" which is very close in size to my current BFGoodrich P275-50-R15 TA Radials which is 27" in diameter. So it is close in size.

Rear: MTT-6642 will also fit the 12" Wide Centerline rims. But it is almost 2" larger in diameter at 29"and the section width is 15" which is 2" wider than the BFGoodrich P295-50-R15 TA Radials. I believe this tire will also fit, but it will be nice to know your setup.

When I built my car I pushed the Jaguar IRS back an additional 3/4" to better center the wheel in the wheel arch, so I have a little more wheel clearance between the front of the rear wheel and the body/frame.

Thank you!!!

Cobra build photo Album. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0d9c5c8c6d

Last edited by lal Naja; 12-06-2017 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: more info.