View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrumpley View Post
Hmmm, now that sunbursts are available and I'm told that several sets are going on ERA cars, maybe they will start making the longer control arms again. If they made them once, they can make them again. Otherwise the rear wheels are going to be tucked in the rear hips pretty far, just like a real street Cobra.

Yep - 427 Street, who I haven't seen on here in awhile, liked the wide hip look with the Sunburst wheels and tires buried back inside. But it's definitely an acquired taste that I just don't think I could ever manage to acquire.

It would be great if the Sunburst Wheels could be had in a bit wider rim with a lesser rear offset - but the outer face doesn't readily lend itself to adapting to a deeper dish face without loosing their classic appearance.

It would be great if ERA would offer a narrow hip version. But to do it right they would need revised rear fender molds and revised front fender molds to correct the lower, rear flare on the wheel opening.