View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

My cam is similar to your's but I only have 347 cid. The 482 cid will tame that cam a bunch. I trust Brent, so you will be good. I suggest, that if you have never drove anything with a 1.0 4th and .64 5th, you drive one and see how you like it. There are people who like it, and you may be one of them. You certainly have the engine to pull it off.

I hate it. It reminds me of shifting from 1st (super grandma) to 2nd (road gear) in a model T Ford. Well to be honest the 1-2 shift in a Model T is way worse. The big step in gear bugs me, but that isn't what I hated the most.

I drive on back roads and stay away from traffic most of the time. I almost always had my wife with me. 4th the pipes was to loud to talk over at 55 mph and 65 -70 mph was too fast for the roads and the wind becomes to loud even though you cannot hear the pipes. Most of the time I ended up driving 45 mph to talk. Then a car would come, and I couldn't drive that slow. The lower rear ratio, allows me to run in 5th at 55 mph, but I cannot let it drop much lower. Now 4th make the pipes too load at 45 mph. So it sill isn't perfect, but much better.

Last edited by olddog; 12-08-2017 at 07:12 PM..