View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's the car with the flag paint job. You can just see part of it on the front of the hood. I'll try to find a picture that shows it.

There are a lot of differences between the Shell Valley Cheetah and mine.
- I'm using an MGB windshield. I think its the perfect look and size. The glass is readily available for under $100.
- The body is low on the Cheetah. All of the original had the air cleaner/carb sticking through the hood. I didn't want that. I sculpted a hood bulge that was as low as possible.
- I molded in reverse air vents in the hood to allow engine heat to escape.
- I molded in the dash, cockpit sides, and rear bulkhead so that the body positively locks into place on the frame.
- The seating position is as far rearward as possible. This allows for greater leg room which allows a lower seating position. And, more room between the rear bulkhead and dash. The original Cheetah has a deeply recessed dash for the driver. This was necessary to create enough room for the steering wheel. I have very good room.
- One of the original Cheetahs had the roof cut off which created a roadster. Shell Valley followed the original design of the rear deck. It's pretty much a low flat piece that blends up into the rear wheel arches. It looks fine to me. But I didn't like that it makes it appear that the driver is sitting very high in the car. I made my deck higher and blended in a gentle arch into the rear wheel arches.
- I angled my rear deck down towards the rear.
- I tried to make my car as low and sleek as practically possible.

I wasn't trying to build a replica. Just a cool car that borrowed the parts of the Cheetah styling that I liked. I'm having fun.

I purchased the body shell from Mr bruce and have heavily modified it from there. It was a great starting point. The parts were very nice.

Last edited by john chesnut; 12-13-2017 at 06:20 AM..