View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by john chesnut View Post
- One of the original Cheetahs had the roof cut off which created a roadster. Shell Valley followed the original design of the rear deck. It's pretty much a low flat piece that blends up into the rear wheel arches. It looks fine to me. But I didn't like that it makes it appear that the driver is sitting very high in the car. I made my deck higher and blended in a gentle arch into the rear wheel arches.
Your mods to the rear deck are spot on. I remember seeing an article in one of the kit car magazines many years ago that showed Rich driving the then "sensational" new Cheetah roadster. He towered over the windshield and the top of the rear deck was about level with the small of his back. He truly looked like he was sitting on top of the car instead of in it.

The look reminded me of the pedal cars I had as a kid and was so off-putting that I never bothered to finish reading the article. I lost all interest in the Shell Valley product after that. Yours actually looks like it has a far superior layout and seating position.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...