View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

just got the drivers side header on what a pain in the butt ..jacked engine up for more room slowly weave in the headers trying not to scratch 400 bucks of coating get them close slip in gasket get a couple of bolts started all the time wiping sweat out of my eyes cause it must be 50 degs in the carport .
get all bolts tight and lower motor back to line up mount and bingo we have a problem i cant fit the engine mount bolt as it fouls on a header tube by about 5 mm
jack up engine loosen off the header bolts pull exhaust out woulds a little lower motor and slide the engine mount bolt in then slowly do up the header bolts...all up about a 2 hr job by myself altho im not sure another set of hands would have been much use there in they clear all the shields by about 5 mm all round , man i have to give it to pace there is not much room for error i dont know if mine were harder than others due to my engine been moved due to the trans if anything i might have thought it might have been easier but thats another job ticked off the list and im about to open a beer or 3 and cool off in the pool cheers dean
Attached Images