Old 12-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowan Replicars, 352 4V
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vntgspd View Post
CHP went without a hitch.

Went back to DMV for sequence number and was told I needed the brake and light after all (originally they said I didn't). So, had to replace a broken E-brake cable and then get the inspection done.

Today I completed the inspection and then went to DMV with my "fast pass" and finally obtained my sequence number. Next stop...BAR smog ref.

The hardest part so far has been leaving the Cobra in the parking lot at the DMV today while waiting over an hour for my sequence number! lol

The good news is that I have a new operating permit until March 2018.
Wow, this is a timely thread!!

I have my VIN from the CHP and my certificate of sequence number (SPENC #), I now need to do a brake and light inspection and visit the BAR. My car has a Jaguar rear end with the infamous parking brake, did your car fail the brake and light inspection due to nonfunctional parking brake?

By the way, my car is a ground build up with no MSO only a bill of sale, I don't think you need a brake and light inspection with an MSO but different DMV offices and agents will give different answers .

Every time I visited the DMV, I got a different answer about getting a SPENC #, I eventually got it without the car being present and no brake and light certificate.

Rowan Replicars 1965 Cobra Replica
352 4V, T5, Jaguar Posi rear end with 3.30 gears.
https://www.facebook.com/pormgb/

Last edited by pormgb; 12-19-2017 at 06:37 PM..