View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 09:08 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New guy looking for guidance on Cobra purchase

Hello- I have been reading Club Cobra threads for the past few months (extremely helpful) and recently joined to get some expert feedback. I'm seriously considering the purchase of a new Superformance MKIII roller from Hillbank (AZ) and a Roush 427 IR crate engine, but hope to get some thoughts or feedback before I make a final decision. Before selecting the new SPF I looked through Cobra Country, Autotrader Classics, Hemmings, etc, but to date I have not found a used Cobra set up the way I think I want my car:

- small block with electronic fuel injection (I prefer the look and sound of the Roush small blocks over the more 'modern' Coyote engines)
- 5 speed trans
- solid black paint with no stripes (would also consider dark silver)

I came across a few pictures and videos of CSX4133 and really like that look - all black with black/satin wheels and Goodyear Billboards. A quick Google search of CSX4133 will pull up the pics.

The engine would be installed and tuned by Vlado of V's Performance in Orange, CA. I plan on driving the car a few days per week in Arizona, mainly around town on the weekends, so drivability and reliability is important to me.

As of now, I'm not too hung up on originality (hence the engine selection with EFI) but solid resale value would be nice if I leave Arizona in a few years and need to sell. I understand that the SPF will never be a CSX with a history, so I'm wondering if I should also be looking for a used CSX or Kirkham if one can be found for less than $100K. There are a couple of interesting CSX cars going up for auction at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in a couple of weeks, but my relatively uninformed assumption is that those two will exceed my budget. Those also have big block, carbureted engines, which I don't (currently) believe is the right set up for me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!