Thread: New to Cobras
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 02:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Do you know the wheelbase? Concerns as in have there been any problems with the design? Its an all aluminum chassis with the body bonded to it. It has a winters live rear axle and looks to be pretty light. It has a Chevy (ugh!) all aluminum engine with four webers. It looks to be a no expense spared build. also has a tremec 6 speed.

I have been autocrossing about ten years. I'm kindof old but in decent shape. My current autocross car has about the same power to weight ratio as the cobra.

Apparently it was built in 2009....or completed in 2009. One of the stickers says 2002, so I'm not sure what all that means but apparently it has a good CA title.

It looks pretty nice with a few blemishes here and there to indicate some age. that's alright with me I plan to drive it and autocross it so a perfect car would not be for me.
Believe they were 96-98" wheel base

If you are talking about THIS ONE and you plan to go drag racing, go for it. If you plan to use it on for the street, I'd continue looking.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS