View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. Smith View Post
Isn't that a Rock hopper ? I had one with no suspension ... yep they were fun.
yes it's a rock-hopper i must have done thousands of miles on it lol we lived in a not very built up area at the time with plenty of paddocks and dirt roads. every weekend all the local kids who had bikes would meet up and those that didnt have bikes you would them have a ride for 50 cents to buy more fuel lol i actually had a pretty bad prang on mine went over a jump and the front wheel and forks part company with me breaking my wrist and pretty bad gravel rash .

it was good times to local coppers didnt care as long as you didnt ride on a sealed rd or the footpath anything else they was fine i remember one hot day pushing my bike down the footpath till i got to the dirt road and the local copper pulled up in a divvy van and thru me and the bike in the back and drove me to where all the kids had met up lol ..i am restoring a deckson daredevil with a briggsy engine atm but ive located a rock hopper in melb just have to fig out how to get it to Adelaide in the next couple of weeks .. prob going to cost a few grand to get it to concourse condition using as many original parts as i can and getting the tank and mudguards re-chromed anyone have any contacts in that area ? enough of my rambling cheers dean