View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wasn't happy with the headlights that I was going to use and the buckets that I molded into the hood. I wanted a smaller light that blended in better with the fender. Mr Bruce made the body skins that I started with for this build. He thought that Harley Davidson Vrod headlights might work. I ordered a pair and have changed the hood to accept them.

The Vrod lights are self contained. They mount with 2 side posts. I will bond brackets to the back of the fender. The headlights bolt in and can be adjusted side to side and up and down. I purchased lights with multiple, very bright lights. The same buckets with more traditional looking lenses are available too.

The lights are DOT legal and reasonably priced. I have them mounted so that it's 24 inches to the center of the lens. This is the legal height in NY.

I am done with the body mods. The body is mounted on my frame. I bolted industrial casters to the frame so that it's easily rolled. Next week it goes to NH for final body work. Then molds!

I realize the hood looks a little weird where it blends with the bulge in the picture. It's because of the sanding and a dusting of spray can blue paint that I hit the center of the hood with for getting the picture of the new headlight buckets.

I really like the looks of the hood on my car. When compared to the original Cheetah I think that it looks more aggressive. My Bruce created wide front fenders to cover really wide front tires on C4 Corvette suspension. I think he did a great job on the transition from the sloping hood into the fenders. I flared the fenders a little more and rounded them out slightly.

It's been severely cold where I live in the Adirondack MTNS of NY. I didn't go to the shop for almost 2 weeks. Tomorrow it's going to be 49. A great day to open the shop and clean it top to bottom. It's taken a year of part time work to get the body shape that I was after. I hope that I never do body work again!!!