View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 09:39 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     
Wink

New Year’s greetings!

It’s been a while since updating my 289 FIA’s build progress. Other things have assumed priority, but I’m back in the saddle now

I was missing the two brackets that support the front diff. mounting ‘ears’. Craig at AP happily supplied them, so I have been able to finish the diff. install.
Found a minor hitch in my assumed install procedure for the diff. mounts though, resulting in the roll-over bar and strut needing to be removed first. I needed access to be able to fit the diff. mounting bolt behind the roll bar’s mounting socket….

Brackets and diff. bolts are now all fully secured….

I’m going my own way with handbrake/emergency brake style and location. I wanted something as original looking as I could 'sensibly' obtain, so started with an Austin Healey handle, but the amount of time that it would have taken to adapt it changed my mind, so I decided to use a Lokar unit (anybody need an AH handle?).
The Lokar button isn’t correct, but overall appearance is sufficiently acceptable to the builder
Mounting took a bit of care to have it snug enough to the tunnel to clear the seat adequately, but it did work out well…..

It’s 36degC out there now, so work has stopped for the day. Time for some cold refreshment

Cheers,
Glen

Last edited by xb-60; 01-10-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links