View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 12:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
There are major differences between the SAI 427 foot boxes supplied with the 7000 Series Continuation Cobras and an original 289 foot box. The size of the foot box and the drivers seating position are the biggest! There is also a difference between an early 260 Cobra foot box and a later 289 Cobra foot box.
It is NOT an easy swap once the firewall and body are in place! Ask me how I know this..........but I am soooooooooooo happy that I did! You also have room for a dead pedal in the 289 foot box.
thanks guys, I suspected that..., as I measured out there should be more space right of the throttle pedal, the 427 throttle pedal is left of the steering column, the 289 pedal is right of the steering column, the steering column and the other pedals should be in the same place,
in the next weeks I will change engine and trans, maybe its a more easy swap then....

p.s.
is the footbox riveted to the A-Post? and if, from the inside or outside ? (can I open the rivets while the body is connected to the frame?)

Last edited by peterpjb; 01-15-2018 at 01:24 AM..